In cities, people tend to think of parks as dangerous.
Big data is here to save your dinner.
Research finds that only 10% of cities worldwide are affordable.
The sea levels across New York are estimated to rise between 18 and 50 inches by 2100.
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Thursday his $10-billion plan to protect lower Manhattan against sea level rise and storm surges.
- The plan calls for creating new land that would extend the lower part of the island by about two city blocks.
- As sea levels rise around the globe, cities are experimenting with various methods to protect themselves.
Humans blame cats for killing birds, but our buildings are far worse.
- Nearly a billion birds are killed every year after flying into windows.
- The American Bird Conservancy published an extensive guide to incorporating bird-friendly design into buildings.
- Over twenty cities have programs to help reduce the number of avian deaths.