Nostalgia is also proven to decrease loneliness and increase resiliency.
- Nostalgia is defined as a sentimentality for the past and can be unique to each person.
- Studies have shown nostalgia can be used to combat loneliness and improve resilience. Nostalgia can also be used to boost creativity.
- There is a kind of cooperative activity between memory and reward systems in your brain that plays a very specific role in how we experience nostalgia.
Researchers observed "inter-brain coherence" (IBC) — a synchronisation in brain activity — between a musician and the audience.
From novels to screenwriting, storytelling is one of our most powerful forms of communication.
- Reading has been shown to make you more intelligent and empathic, a trait that good writers learn to master.
- Storytelling is one of the most important forms of communication that humans engage in.
- While "finding your voice" is what writers crave, beginning with the basics is an essential step on any writer's path.
Relax Melodies is the most positively reviewed app in the history of the App Store.
- Blue light negatively impacts the secretion of melatonin, making it harder for smartphone and computer users to sleep.
- Meditation has been shown to have a positive impact on sleep by increasing specific neurochemicals while decreasing stress.
- Relax Melodies can help you get the sleep you need, and it's on sale.
Future-proof your brain with this cognitive care package.
- Human memory relies on the coordination of multiple brain regions, each of which is subject to demise as we age.
- A variety of games and actionable methods can help keep our memory strong.
- Learning new skills is an important component of keeping our memory sharp into our later years