Gail Bradbrook, co-founder of Extinction Rebellion, called for a mass psychedelic act of civil disobedience in protest of drug criminalization.
- During a conference, Gail Bradbrook, the co-founder of Extinction Rebellion, an environmentalist social movement, called for people to take psychedelics en masse as an act of civil disobedience.
- Bradbrook argues that "The causes of the crisis are political, economic, legal and cultural systemic issues but underneath that are issues of human trauma, powerlessness, scarcity and separation," and that "psychedelic medicines are opportunities to help us shift our consciousness."
- The research on psychedelics does suggest that they could be powerful mediators for personal change and possibly encourage people to become more aware of and concerned for the environment.
From computer hacking to biohacking, Dave Asprey has embarked on a quest to reverse the aging process.
- As a teenager, founder of Bulletproof, Dave Asprey, began experiencing health issues that typically plague older adults.
- After surrounding himself with anti-aging researchers and scientists, he discovered the tools of biohacking could dramatically change his life and improve his health.
- He's now confident he'll live to at least 180 years old. "It turns out that those tools that make older people young make younger people kick ass," he says.
A steady timing reference is required by one of the leading theories of neuronal communication.
- A study of mouse neurons may have found a long-sought timing mechanism.
- If the finding carries over into humans, it may help explain the language of neurons.
- Each area of the brain may have its own metronome neurons, quietly ticking away.
We think of self-actualization as a lofty goal, but research suggests it may just be another way of obeying our biological programming.
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs sets self-actualization apart from many of the "baser" needs, like needing food or belonging.
- However, research in evolutionary psychology suggests that self-actualization may not be so different after all.
- Instead, it may simply be another way of attaining status, ensuring that the self-actualized individual can acquire a mate and care for offspring.
Check out these mysterious optical illusions that affect our visual perception.