7 - Greater Albania
The Albanians are descendants of the Illyrians, an ancient Balkan people who preceded the Slavic populations surrounding their native territories. They presently have an independent nation – Albania, in their own language ‘Shqipëtar’, meaning ‘Land of the Eagles’ – but are also the majority in Kosovo, nominally still a part of Serbia but de facto a semi-independent state under UN tutelage. There are other significant Albanian populations in Montenegro, Serbia proper, Macedonia and Greece. This map shows the maximum extent of Albanian territorial ambitions – ‘Greater Albania’.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.