This Guy Knows How to Explain Hurricanes
Weatherman Alan Sealls of WKRG in Mobile, Alabama knows how to explain Hurricane Irma.
As of this writing, Hurricane Irma is likely about 24 hours away from hitting the mainland U.S. as at least a Category 4 storm, apparently riding up the west coast of Florida. It’s already absolutely devastated smaller Caribbean islands and broken all kinds of records:
And, of course, Irma’s not alone out there. It’s being closely followed by storm Jose, which is currently a Cat 4 itself, though it’s hoped that cyclone will track out into the Atlantic Ocean. A third formerly eastward-bound storm, Katia, appears to be fizzling out now over Mexico.
Fortunately, there are people like Alan Sealls at WKRG in Mobile, Alabama who excel at making extreme weather like this make sense. After watching his broadcast from last Wednesday, you might feel less out of control if you at least understand how such storms work and how seriously, or not, to take predictions of storm paths. It'll help you know how to interpret coverage of this rolling nightmare and other storms. Being informed at least feels a little better.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Best case: Redrawing borders leads to peace, prosperity and EU membership. But there's also a worst case.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.