It's Free Air, So Tune In
My blog featuring radio stories and other “Ideas Worth Listening To.” My goal is to motivate, inspire and help with your own personal success. Using radio as a tool for self-examination may seem bizarre at first, but I feel it's an elegantly simple way to help explain things. When done right, radio has the power to evoke emotions; and, this blog will attempt to stir your emotional core, through a connection you already know. The daily “Ear Openers” will help you cut through the clutter of your work, your money and your routine, and turn the focus on what you want your life to be. So, Tune In. Use the Free Air. And achieve your unlimited potential.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.