Virtually Alive Literature
Humanities courses are starting to be deeply influenced by a new array of powerful digital tools and vast online archives. Undergraduates are experiencing Shakespeare in 3-D!
Humanities courses are starting to be deeply influenced by a new array of powerful digital tools and vast online archives. Undergraduates are experiencing Shakespeare in 3-D: "'Until you get Shakespeare on its feet, you’re doing it an injustice... 'The plays are in 3-D, not 2-D.' Many teachers and administrators are only beginning to figure out the contours of this emerging field of digital humanities, and how it should be taught. In the classroom, however, digitally savvy undergraduates are not just ready to adapt to the tools but also to explore how new media may alter the very process of reading, interpretation and analysis."
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.