Tibetans It's Over To You
"By 'retiring' from political life, what the Dalai Lama really is doing is prodding Tibetan exiles to take more initiative and stand up for themselves.
"By 'retiring' from political life, what the Dalai Lama really is doing is prodding Tibetan exiles to take more initiative and stand up for themselves. It's a surprisingly difficult struggle.
One of the facets of the Tibetan dilemma is that Tibetans revere the Dalai Lama as a god-king. They look to him for guidance on all important issues. Even as he prods them to embrace democracy and make their own decisions, they often refuse, looking to him and uttering, 'Whatever His Holiness wants.'"
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Using a new process, a mini-brain develops retinal cells.
- Mini-brains, or "neural organoids," are at the cutting edge of medical research.
- This is the first one that's started developing eyes.
- Stem cells are key to the growing of organoids of various body parts.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.