The Right To Own Handguns
Steve Chapman at The Chicago Tribune asks if gun regulation, following the Supreme Court's move to strike down Chicago's handgun ban, is like using a garden hose to defeat a forest fire.
Steve Chapman at The Chicago Tribune asks if gun regulation, following the Supreme Court's move to strike down Chicago's handgun ban, is like using a garden hose to defeat a forest fire. "The Supreme Court sided with Chicagoans who prefer not to be defenseless. Under the Second Amendment, it concluded, they have a right to act on the belief that 'their safety and the safety of other law-abiding members of the community would be enhanced by the possession of handguns in the home.' The reality that goes unpublicized by the mayor is that the weekend before the Supreme Court decision, at least 26 people in Chicago were shot, three fatally."
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
A space memorial company plans to launch the ashes of "Pikachu," a well-loved Tabby, into space.
- Steve Munt, Pikachu's owner, created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the mission.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.