The New Face of Classical Music
Gone are the days when classical artists could offer performances of Mozart and simply expect people to show up. Orchestras and presenters must be more entrepreneurial, more risk-ready.
To remain relevant, an art form has to be in dialogue with the here and now. Yet in classical music, the bulk of what is performed is still at least a century old. Contrast that with art museums, which present their holdings as a continuum from ancient times to the present, with nearly every major city boasting a contemporary art center and a host of galleries. ... In the last decade or so, a new breed of conservatory-trained musicians has reinvented crossover in unprecedented ways, fusing classical tradition with hip-hop, indie rock and world music and providing new, exciting audience bridges among these forms at the same time.
The famed author headed to the pond thanks to Indian philosophy.
- He was introduced to these texts by his good friend's father, William Emerson.
- Yoga philosophy was in America a century before any physical practices were introduced.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
A little goes a long way.
- Rethinking what exercise is can help you frame how you move throughout your day.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.