The Global Language
"Globish" is a highly simplified form of English, without grammar or structure—but perfectly comprehensible. Robert McCrum writes that it is the language that unites us.
"Globish" is a highly simplified form of English, without grammar or structure—but perfectly comprehensible. Robert McCrum writes that the term is "more than just a new word for a dialect or an international communication tool. It was a description of a lingua franca, but with a difference. On further consideration, it was also a metaphor for the novelty of global English culture today."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.