Techno Feature Fatigue
I.T. is waking up to the benefits of minimalism thanks to feature fatigue among consumers and strong demand from less affluent consumers in the developing world.
I.T. is waking up to the benefits of minimalism thanks to feature fatigue among consumers (who simply want things to work) and strong demand from less affluent consumers in the developing world, reports The Economist. Other welcome aspects of techno-austerity are software that keeps things simple to reduce distractions and the phenomenon of "frugal" innovation. The latter is where new ideas on how to make I.T. applications more affordable in places like China, India and Brazil spawn products that become hits in the rich world. The Economist hopes governments will also "come to appreciate the merits of minimalism."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.