In Eastern Europe, "the open discussion of a tragedy represents a revolutionary change," writes Anne Applebaum of reaction to the plane crash Saturday that killed members of the Polish government.
In Eastern Europe, "the open discussion of a tragedy represents a revolutionary change," writes Anne Applebaum, referring to the Russian response to the tragic plane crash that killed many members of the Polish Government over the weekend. "Over the past 20 years, both Russian and Polish officials have begun to acquire the art of speaking with the public, even if they don't always choose to do so. This is a real change, and we have seen over the past few days what kind of impact it can have. "
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
For Damien Echols, tattoos are part of his existential armor.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.