Recognizing Dysfunctional Startup Leadership
The undoing of the company began when a potential investor, after months of search, was ready to put up $1M, but made it clear the founder would have to be replaced.
Marty Zwilling: "Founders almost always cite lack of money as the reason for failure, but if you look deeper, ...the reason is more often about dysfunctional people and leadership. Sometimes it comes right back to the founder, in terms of a malaise often called 'Founder’s Syndrome.'...It’s not a disease, but it can kill your startup. ...The undoing of the company began when a potential investor, after months of search, was ready to put up $1M, but made it clear that his firm would likely need to replace the Founder with someone with more credentials and experience... The Founder killed the investment deal, and every other potential deal which raised the same issue."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.