"There is huge potential for iPad apps (or any other apps for that matter) to become the books of the 21st century." writes Marion Menaker.
"There is huge potential for iPad apps (or any other apps for that matter) to become the books of the 21st century." writes Marion Menaker. She thinks apps contain some of the essential elements of books while also being able to incorporate video and other features that enhance the reading experience. Narrative book apps, however, may not work as well as those replacing reference books and how-to guides.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.