Planets Like Ours
"A planet census suggests that there are 50bn with the same mass as Earth and that around a fifth of these have liquid water."
"There may be an Earth-like planet circling one in every four stars in the night sky, according to the first census of alien worlds in our celestial neighbourhood. The survey is a yardstick for scientists searching for life elsewhere and suggests there could be 50bn planets with a similar mass to Earth in our own galaxy... Around a fifth of these distant Earths are expected to lie within their solar system's habitable or 'Goldilocks zone,' where the distance from the parent star keeps the planet's surface at just the right temperature for liquid water (widely regarded as a prerequisite for life) to form."
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
The controversy over whether Jesus had any siblings is reignited after an amazing new discovery of an ancient text.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.