Obama Needs Social Media More than Ever
Winning a second term will be almost impossible for Obama without continued support from voters aged 29 and under—one key reason he needs a stronger social media strategy.
What's the Latest Development?
Obama’s 2008 campaign success was due in large part to the overwhelming support of voters age 29 and younger and he'll need their continued support to win again. But this is a historically unpredictable demographic. He needs a social media strategy that combines innovative outreach techniques with a focus on youth turnout, says communications consultant Jesse Comart.
What's the Big Idea?
The G.O.P. is much more social media savvy this time round and is already fast on the Twitter trigger button. Meanwhile Obama is also branching out, having just launched a Tumblr blog. Comart says if Obama wants to avoid younger voters staying home on election day, he needs to speak not just to them, but with them. " Younger voters want to interact and be part of the conversation."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.