Mapping Climate Politics
How will the effects of climate change impact politics in America over the next 25 years? Internal migrations could "open up all sorts of new routes to the magic number, 270."
How will the effects of climate change impact politics in America over the next 25 years? Hotter summers might curb the trend of moving to the Southeast and the coasts, and Northern state populations could swell by 20 percent by 2035. And urban centers are likely to expand. "Taken together, these changes could disrupt political patterns that have taken hold over the last two decades. ... Shift electoral votes from the Sunshine State to the Great Lakes, or from California to the Dakotas, and you open up all sorts of new routes to the magic number, 270."
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
- As a stand-up comedian, Pete Holmes knows how words can manipulate audiences — for good and bad.
- Holmes has a clever linguistic exercise meant to bring you closer to the people around you.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.