In Case You Don't Know Moshi Monsters
What if the most innovative kids' property today was not a TV show, but a website? For Aardman Animations' head of broadcast, Moshi Monsters leads the way.
James MIPBlog: "The other innovation that I can see coming is that a big new kids entertainment proposition will originate on the web but break out and become a mass media hit. Extraordinary things are happening with this (Moshi Monsters) website for 5 to 11 year olds that is a sort of Tamagochi/Facebook hybrid — you get to adopt and customise a monster and socialise in a moderated environment with other monster adopters. Moshi Monsters has surged past 35 million subscribers this year and reached profitability with subscription as its main business model.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.