Immigration and Benefits
Michael Lind thinks that changing immigration policy shouldn't be considered as a way to address projected Social Security and Medicare budget deficits.
"Americans need to have a rational debate about options for ensuring the solvency of Social Security and Medicare," writes Michael Lind, and they "also need to have a rational debate about the desirable levels and skill composition of immigration. But the two debates should be kept separate." He writes that immigration shouldn't be considered as a way to eliminate projected shortfalls in Social Security and Medicare funding.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.