Forget jubilancy over Obama’s heath care victory, as tens of thousands rally on Capitol Hill shouting about the next major subject on the political agenda: Immigration.
Forget jubilancy over Obama’s heath care victory, as tens of thousands rally on Capitol Hill shouting about the next major subject on the political agenda: Immigration. "Immigrant advocacy groups met with Obama a little more than a week ago to remind him of his promise to overhaul the system, including forging a path to citizenship for the 11 million now living here illegally. Their message, punctuated by Sunday's meet-up, was not subtle: Get off the dime or lose the support of the growing Latino electorate. We've long favored a comprehensive approach to immigration reform — one that ensures our borders are safe, our labor needs are met and our workplaces operate fairly and legally. But Obama could be forgiven if he'd hoped to catch his breath before charging back into that battle. The last attempt to fix the system went down in flames in 2007, when the U.S. unemployment rate was less than 5 percent and employers were howling that they couldn't find enough workers. Even then, many Americans were openly hostile to the idea of legalizing those who'd broken the law to get here."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.