I'm a Doctor & I Have Alzheimer's
Retired physician and emeritus professor Arthur Rivin shares insights on the increasingly common disease which 5.3 million Americans also have.
Retired physician and emeritus professor Arthur Rivin shares his insights on the increasingly common disease which 5.3 million Americans also have. There's not much we know about Alzheimer's but Rivin has some practical tips for anyone with memory problems. These include carrying a small notebook, keeping active (mentally and physically), and "don't withdraw from your friends and your family." "I've tried to make sure that those who love me know my wishes. When I do not know who I am, or recognize anyone, and I am incapacitated with no chance of improvement, I want comfort and palliative care only."
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.