Dementia Going Undiagnosed
A new 'dementia map' of the UK suggests six out of ten cases go undiagnosed, leaving families without the support they badly need.
Making news today in the U.K. is a new 'dementia map' which reveals stark variations in the rate of diagnosis across different regions. Meanwhile, experts predict Britain will have more than a million dementia patients within a decade. The BBC explains: "The map shows that Dorset has the lowest rates of diagnosis, with just 26% knowing they suffer from dementia.
But at the other end of the spectrum, in Belfast that figure rises to 69%. Researchers applied previously established rates of prevalence of dementia to government population estimates.
...and compared those figures to statistics compiled by GPs of people diagnosed with dementia in 2010."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A disturbing interview given by a KGB defector in 1984 describes America of today and outlines four stages of mass brainwashing used by the KGB.
- Bezmenov described this process as "a great brainwashing" which has four basic stages.
- The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve.
- According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.