Cancer and Veggies
Eating more fruits and vegetables appears to do little to reduce the incidence of cancer -- despite decades of exhortations from the World Health Organization that people do so.
For decades, the World Health Organization has been saying that eating more fruits and vegetables will help reduce the incidence of cancer -- but it appears those dietary additions do little. Evidence from multiple studies indicates that the protective effects of these foods against cancer are modest, if they exist at all. Those who receive the greatest relative benefit from this kind of diet were smokers and heavy drinkers, who had a lower risk of getting the kinds of cancers that they are prone to.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
Time of death is considered when a person has gone into cardiac arrest. This is the cessation of the electrical impulse that drive the heartbeat. As a result, the heart locks up. The moment the heart stops is considered time of death. But does death overtake our mind immediately afterward or does it slowly creep in?
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.