Male friendships are qualitatively different from female friendships. Men may not be physically or emotionally expressive, but they provide a lot of support for each one another with their presence.
Male friendships are qualitatively different from female friendships, according to researchers. Men may not be physically or emotionally expressive, but they provide a lot of support for each one another with their presence. A study found that men tend to resist high-maintenance relationships, whether with spouses, girlfriends or male pals. Meanwhile, women are more likely than men to hold grudges toward friends.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.