Against Net Neutrality
How can the government regulate the neutrality of the Internet? Isn't that a contradiction in terms? Stephan Kinsella says government regulation of the Internet will stifle business.
This is just another case of the state re-labeling things to sound benign but that are really invasions of liberty and property rights–another good example being use of the term "intellectual property" to masque the true nature of state-granted monopoly privilege rights. It is true that some corporations probably have extra-market power to control aspects of the Internet, as the result of state interventions such as IP, FCC licensing, antitrust law, big business favoritism, and so on. But the solution is not to grant the state even more power to regulate private companies.This is the criminal gang that has fouled things up in the first place.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.