Social Media 101
I moderated a panel on this two weeks ago and I WISH it was this good. I give myself a B, this gets an A. If it had less emphasis on search, it would be an A+. Anyone who was at my panel and now reads my blog, consider this a good followup!\n
Here’s the description (which I’ve edited):
\nSocial media and online marketing tools are fast becoming the most efficient tools to market and communicate with constituents/customers/members. But it’s not as easy as it seems. Learn the most common mistakes and prime opportunities in the social media world. How can your company use networks like Facebook, Google and Twitter? Come hear the leaders in this contemporary marketplace reveal the secrets of small-business success.
It’s worth the hour, go listen.\n
disclosure: it features a friend who really rocks that panel. You’ll figure that out in the first 5 minutes, after 30 minutes you’ll really be glad he’s there. That friend is Jeremy Toeman, and I didn’t know he could speak that well. Fantastic!
Researchers discover a link between nonverbal synchronization and relationship success.
- Scientists say coordinating movements leads to increased intimacy and sexual desire in a couple.
- The improved rapport and empathy was also observed in people who didn't know each other.
- Non-verbal clues are very important in the development stages of a relationship.
Humans evolved to live in the cold through a number of environmental and genetic factors.
- According to some relatively new research, many of our early human cousins preceded Homo sapien migrations north by hundreds of thousands or even millions of years.
- Cross-breeding with other ancient hominids gave some subsets of human population the genes to contend and thrive in colder and harsher climates.
- Behavioral and dietary changes also helped humans adapt to cold climates.
The comics titan worked for more than half a century to revolutionize and add nuance to the comics industry, and he built a vast community of fans along the way.
- Lee died shortly after being rushed to an L.A. hospital. He had been struggling with multiple illnesses over the past year, reports indicate.
- Since the 1950s, Lee has been one of the most influential figures in comics, helping to popularize heroes that expressed a level of nuance and self-doubt previously unseen in the industry.
- Lee, who's later years were marked by some financial and legal tumult, is survived by his daughter, Joan Celia "J.C." Lee.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.