Let's Redefine Goals
I’m vastly aware no-one/very few people read this… hence it is going to become way for me to organize and publish my thoughts, and work on communicating and recomending in a public forum.
However, I’m hoping to encourage readership in Spring and have something meaningful by summer.
Here’s what that requires of me:
Spreading the word
Sometime soon after Feb. 1 I will be moving to a movabletype client hosted on my own website, at which point this will become more serious about the whole deal and focus on the goals.
120 Posts between Feb. 1 – June 1
20 Articles, reports, summaries, etc. each of a minimum one page… of higher quality then the posts
Significant readership (I don’t know what number is a good goal, I think 50-75 feels do-able.)
Firefighters in California are still struggling to contain several wildfires nearly one week after they broke out.
- Hundreds of people are still missing after three wildfires spread across Northern and Southern California last week.
- 48 of the 50 deaths occurred after the Camp Fire blazed through the town of Paradise, north of Sacramento.
- On Tuesday night, a fourth wildfire broke out, though it's mostly contained.
We know the dangers of too little sleep. Now for the other side of the story.
- Western University researchers found that sleeping over eight hours per night results in cognitive decline.
- Oversleepers suffer similar difficulties on certain cognitive tests as those who sleep under seven hours.
- Not all the news is bad: One night of oversleeping results in a cognitive boost.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.