Let's Redefine Goals
I’m vastly aware no-one/very few people read this… hence it is going to become way for me to organize and publish my thoughts, and work on communicating and recomending in a public forum.
However, I’m hoping to encourage readership in Spring and have something meaningful by summer.
Here’s what that requires of me:
Spreading the word
Sometime soon after Feb. 1 I will be moving to a movabletype client hosted on my own website, at which point this will become more serious about the whole deal and focus on the goals.
120 Posts between Feb. 1 – June 1
20 Articles, reports, summaries, etc. each of a minimum one page… of higher quality then the posts
Significant readership (I don’t know what number is a good goal, I think 50-75 feels do-able.)
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
- As a stand-up comedian, Pete Holmes knows how words can manipulate audiences — for good and bad.
- Words aren't just words. They stich together our social fabric, helping establish and maintain relationships.
- Holmes has a clever linguistic exercise meant to bring you closer to the people around you.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.