I stopped writing poetry awhile ago, but I’ve felt the bug come back with a vengeance lately. Here’s my first foray back into writing. Short. Sweet. A little sloppy perhaps, but for posterity…
“settling for God in the absence of love”
God answers my whine.
palm fronds turn to visions of women under full moon sky.
old standing building looks at me asking me why,
I don’t tell it as I float by.
my soul asking if it’s alone as mine.
I don’t know, but in this light the palm fronds eyes shine.
and we’re both alone; to be mine.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.