Another useful metric might be the average number of comments per blog post, or comment intensity. The table below shows the comment intensity for five blogs: this one, dy/dan, Weblogg-ed, Cool Cat Teacher, and Ewan McIntosh's edu.blogs.com.
Charting the results shows the big spikes that Weblogg-ed and Dangerously Irrelevant had for two recent posts:
As the table shows, a large readership total doesn't always correspond to a high comment intensity (at least in this small sample). dy/dan has the lowest Technorati rank/authority but its median comment intensity over the past twenty posts is right there with Weblogg-ed...
What's your comment intensity?
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
Explore a legendary philosopher's take on how society fails to prepare us for education and progress.
- Alan Watts was an instrumental figure in the 1960s counterculture revolution.
- He believed that we put too much of a focus on intangible goals for our educational and professional careers.
- Watts believed that the whole educational enterprise is a farce compared to how we should be truly living our lives.
How can we use the resources that are already on the Moon to make human exploration of the satellite as economical as possible?
If you were transported to the Moon this very instant, you would surely and rapidly die. That's because there's no atmosphere, the surface temperature varies from a roasting 130 degrees Celsius (266 F) to a bone-chilling minus 170 C (minus 274 F). If the lack of air or horrific heat or cold don't kill you then micrometeorite bombardment or solar radiation will. By all accounts, the Moon is not a hospitable place to be.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.