Can a solar-hydrogen powered KSC launch site lead the way to a hydrogen economy?
The Solar Space Port Inititative
The strategy can be seen as the equivalent to an “Apollo” project for renewable energy much like Al Gore has talked about recently. It could even be the leading project for his call for a “Moon Shot Project” to solve global climate change. The Solar Space Port Initiative would focus resources on locations that have long-standing practical experience using hydrogen as a fuel source and energy storage medium. The project would have the goal of making the first site, the Kennedy Space Center’s
Space Shuttle Launch Facility, be redesigned to use liquid hydrogen, liquid oxygen and electricity produced only from renewable energy sources.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- He was inspired by a statistic he learned while working at a hedge fund: In the '90s, web usage was growing at 2,300% a year.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.