Mars and Earth Are Getting Closer
Every 26 months, an opposition of Mars occurs. The "red planet" gets closer to Earth. On April 14th, Mars and Earth will be at their closest distance during this opposition.
What's even better, on that date the full Moon will help light-up Mars. So Mars will be easy to spot, even in cities with terrible light pollution. Enjoy star gazers!
ScienceAtNASA has more:
Image credit: Shutterstock
Are university safe spaces killing intellectual growth?
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.
From questionable shipwrecks to outright attacks, they clearly don't want to be bothered.
- Many have tried to contact the Sentinelese, to write about them, or otherwise.
- But the inhabitants of the 23 square mile island in the Bay of Bengal don't want anything to do with the outside world.
- Their numbers are unknown, but either 40 or 500 remain.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.