Why I'm Hot for Solar
I feel quite strongly that solar power will be the single largest source of electricity generation by mid-21st century. In fact, just a simple extrapolation of the growth of solar power tells us it will be for sure.
Consider that the earth is almost entirely solar-powered today and the fact that we’re not a frozen ice ball at, say, 4 degrees kelvin, it’s due to the sun. And the whole ecosystem is powered by the sun.
There’s just an itty bitty amount of energy that we need to do complicated human things. It’s a tiny amount of energy compared to what the sun puts on the earth every day. And we just need to capture a little bit of that and turn it into electricity. But we need to accelerate that process as well because we have an unpriced externality in the effects of carbon fuels, and even to some degree, uranium and other fossil materials.
So we have to try to accelerate that with innovation. That’s what SolarCity is about.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.