What a Merry World It Would Be
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
-J. R. R. Tolkien (born on this date in 1892)
Upstreamism advocate Rishi Manchanda calls us to understand health not as a "personal responsibility" but a "common good."
- Upstreamism tasks health care professionals to combat unhealthy social and cultural influences that exist outside — or upstream — of medical facilities.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Thankfully, health care professionals are not alone. Upstreamism is increasingly part of our cultural consciousness.
- The plan would forgive the debt held by more than 30 million Americans.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
In most states, LGBTQ Americans have no legal protections against discrimination in the workplace.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.