Joseph Joubert: "Genius begins beautiful works, but only labor finishes them."
Joseph Joubert was a French essayist whose collected works were not published until after his death in 1824.
Joseph Joubert (1754-1824) was a French essayist whose collected works were not published until after his death. Joubert's aphoristic form of philosophical writing was collected in various journals and letters throughout his career as an educator. Joubert's widow allowed the writer François-René de Chateaubriand to posthumously publish her husband moralistic works.
"Genius begins beautiful works, but only labor finishes them."
From "The Notebooks of Joseph Joubert" (1883)
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.