Well, below, I promised a reader that I would write an absurdly long post on what has been keeping Yemen together. In the comment section though, Greg decided to undermine my weekend-long effort. Here is his response, which is important and succinct.
For my money, Yemen has been held together by money that greases the various deals that the government makes. Now that the government is unable to follow through on many of these deals because its money is running out the system is breaking down.
I think one can delve a little deeper in the history and culture of Yemen, but that's an accurate soundbite for you. That's why Greg is a Media Sensation.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.