Arab Reform Bulletin
Self-promotion post. New piece up in the ARB on the existential crisis- in both senses- that Yemen is facing. I don't think I explained it as well as I would have liked to, and plan to suss out these themes on the blog in the upcoming weeks. As always, we invite and welcome our readers- who continually delight us with your knowledge and insight- to criticize or discuss the posted works in the comments section.
Also, and although this is generally against blog policy, we here at Waq al-Waq- and I think especially Greg- would like to extend our deepest congratulations to Heavy Timber, Men's Wednesday Night League Softball Champions in the fair city of Chicago. Heavy Timber pulled off the upset against a heavily favored, previously undefeated juggernaut (whose name is too juvenile to bear mentioning). Heavy Timber was led by a sterling game from their ace pitcher, who in his free time happens to co-write on a Noted blog about Yemen. Waq al-Waq wishes them continued luck in the fall season.
Come on- this is my only forum. I get one of these.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.