Arab Reform Bulletin
Self-promotion post. New piece up in the ARB on the existential crisis- in both senses- that Yemen is facing. I don't think I explained it as well as I would have liked to, and plan to suss out these themes on the blog in the upcoming weeks. As always, we invite and welcome our readers- who continually delight us with your knowledge and insight- to criticize or discuss the posted works in the comments section.
Also, and although this is generally against blog policy, we here at Waq al-Waq- and I think especially Greg- would like to extend our deepest congratulations to Heavy Timber, Men's Wednesday Night League Softball Champions in the fair city of Chicago. Heavy Timber pulled off the upset against a heavily favored, previously undefeated juggernaut (whose name is too juvenile to bear mentioning). Heavy Timber was led by a sterling game from their ace pitcher, who in his free time happens to co-write on a Noted blog about Yemen. Waq al-Waq wishes them continued luck in the fall season.
Come on- this is my only forum. I get one of these.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
Turns out pushups are more telling than treadmill tests when it comes to cardiovascular health.
- The Harvard study focused on over 1,100 firefighters with a median age of 39.
- The exact results might not be applicable to men of other age groups or to women, researchers warn.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.