Wanted: CASTLE advisory board members
After 3 years, it's time to set up an advisory board for CASTLE. Although I have a few people in mind that I'd like to invite, I also thought it would be great to tap into the expertise of my readers. Duties would include reviewing curricula, giving feedback on current initiatives, suggesting ideas for future projects, connecting us with external partners and/or opportunities, etc. All work and collaboration will be done electronically. Time commitment shouldn't be too strenuous and the work (hopefully) will be interesting.
Interested in serving on the CASTLE advisory board? Drop me a note describing your professional background/experience and why you think you'd be a good advisor to the only center in the U.S. dedicated to the technology needs of school administrators. International applicants are welcome. Deadline is Monday, May 5.
Questions? Leave 'em as a comment to this post so all can see my replies. Please note that, if interest is high, I can't take everyone and will have to make some difficult choices. Thanks!
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
You can say 'no' to things, and you should. Do it like this.
- Give yourself permission to say "no" to things. Saying yes to everything is a fast way to burn out.
Three scientists publish a paper proving that Mercury, not Venus, is the closest planet to Earth.
- Earth is the third planet from the Sun, so our closest neighbor must be planet two or four, right?
- Wrong! Neither Venus nor Mars is the right answer.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.