Will Big Government Change The Rules Of Commerce?
Governments across the world are growing and changing like never before. The question now is how companies can learn to navigate new regulations and capitalize on new opportunities. From bailouts to stimulus packages, Big Think experts uncover the secrets to growing a business under President Obama.
- But increased longevity is a cause for celebration, says Ashton Applewhite, not doom and gloom.
The calorie is the basic unit of measure of food — and it might be off.
- In a new article in 1843, Peter Wilson argues that counting calories is an outdated form of weight management.
- Research shows that labels are up to 20 percent off true caloric totals; 70 percent in frozen processed foods.
- Not all digestive systems are created equally; humans process foods at different rates under varying conditions.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.