When the Creator Loses Control
Question: What is the link between alcohol and creativity?
Pierre Laurent Aimard: Well, I would say there is a link between the loss of senses and creativity and not just alcohol, but drugs, or pathology. And of course, this had been the subject of many studies, very fascinating, and many tries. The question is to know how much, what provocates the loss of the control is needed for that, or is the creator capable or able, to get to this experimental points without what creates the loss of the sense. In other words, this is always the flirt, I would say, with the border between control and loss of control, or between consciousness and unconsciousness that is so fascinating and has been so fascinating, especially at some moments of mankind, and that we can explore today probably with a more acute way thanks to neurobiology.
Alcohol, drugs and pathology blur the boundaries between a various forms of experience, and as such are the perfect fuel for the artist.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.