What Keeps Jeff Swartz Up at Night
Jeffrey Swartz has been Timberland's President and Chief Executive Officer since June 1998. Jeffrey Swartz is the son of Sidney Swartz. Jeffrey Swartz serves as a director of Limited Brands Inc., a publicly traded specialty retailer of women's intimate apparel, beauty and personal care products and accessories.
Question: What keeps you up at night?
Jeff Swartz: A clear sense of mortality and a deep sense of fear that for all the rhetoric I have very little to show for it.
Recorded on September 21, 2009
Timberland’s CEO on what worries him most.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.