What Keeps David Gray Up at Night
David Gray is an English singer-songwriter. His most recent album is Draw the Line. Although he released his first studio album in 1993, he did not receive worldwide attention until the release of White Ladder six years later. It was the first of three UK chart-toppers in six years for Gray, the latter two of which also made the Top 20 in the U.S.
Question: What keeps you up at night?
David Gray: Keeps me up at night. Well what keeps me up at night is generally, mainly music related. So, I’ll be stressing about stuff to do about a song or a recording, something that’s not right, or trying to find words that I don’t have yet for a song. And when I’m in real writing mode, that stuff will keep me up all night. I mean, I’ll drive myself mad. And I sort of go into a state of agitation. So, I’m not a great sleeper, so I think it seems to be getting worse as well. It’s just generally ideas. Yeah, so I’m obsessive at things a little bit. I have to make lists all the time to calm myself down. So, unfinished songs and potential albums, potential album titles, it goes on and on. So, it’s generally that stuff.
Recorded on: September 21, 2009
David Gray stresses mainly about his music. His musical ideas will keep him up for nights on end.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.