What Keeps David Gray Up at Night
Question: What keeps you up at night?
David Gray: Keeps me up at night. Well what keeps me up at night is generally, mainly music related. So, I’ll be stressing about stuff to do about a song or a recording, something that’s not right, or trying to find words that I don’t have yet for a song. And when I’m in real writing mode, that stuff will keep me up all night. I mean, I’ll drive myself mad. And I sort of go into a state of agitation. So, I’m not a great sleeper, so I think it seems to be getting worse as well. It’s just generally ideas. Yeah, so I’m obsessive at things a little bit. I have to make lists all the time to calm myself down. So, unfinished songs and potential albums, potential album titles, it goes on and on. So, it’s generally that stuff.
Recorded on: September 21, 2009
David Gray stresses mainly about his music. His musical ideas will keep him up for nights on end.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.