What is your question?
Question: What is your question?
Tommy Thompson: I would ask America, “Why don’t you care more? Why don’t you care more about yourself personally?” Take care of yourself health-wise. You know, you only have one body. Why should you let your body get out of shape? You spend more time maintaining your car and your house. Why don’t you take care of yourself? And then, “Why don’t you take care of your family?” Why don’t you make sure that, you know, you do the best for your family? Be there for your wife or your husband. Be there for your children, and make sure your children know that they have to go into school; that they cannot really be the best they can be without an education. And then be involved in making sure that child gets that education. And then be involved with yourself and your business, your occupation, your profession. And if you don’t like what you’re doing, find another job. Make . . . make your life meaningful. Make your life, you know, be part of making yourself, your family, your community better. And that, it’s not tough. It’s not tough, but it’s common sense. And that’s what America’s gotta do. It’s gotta get back to basics. And you can’t be, you know, blaming the other guy. Every single one of us, it’s easy to blame somebody else. But the heavy lifting of good citizenship rests with each of us in our hearts, in our minds, and in our capabilities.
Recorded on: 7/6/07
Why don't you care more?
Beyond Beef sizzles and marbleizes just like real beef, Beyond Meat says.
- Shares of Beyond Meat opened at around $200 on Tuesday morning, falling to nearly $170 by the afternoon.
- Wall Street analysts remain wary of the stock, which has been on a massive hot streak since its IPO in May.
- Beyond Meat faces competition from Impossible Foods and, as of this week, Tyson.
Average waiting time for hitchhikers in Ireland: Less than 30 minutes. In southern Spain: More than 90 minutes.
- A popular means of transportation from the 1920s to the 1980s, hitchhiking has since fallen in disrepute.
- However, as this map shows, thumbing a ride still occupies a thriving niche – if at great geographic variance.
- In some countries and areas, you'll be off the street in no time. In other places, it's much harder to thumb your way from A to B.
A recent study used data from the Big Five personality to estimate psychopathy prevalence in the 48 contiguous states and Washington, D.C.
- The study estimated psychopathy prevalence by looking at the prevalence of certain traits in the Big Five model of personality.
- The District of Columbia had the highest prevalence of psychopathy, compared to other areas.
- The authors cautioned that their measurements were indirect, and that psychopathy in general is difficult to define precisely.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.