What is your outlook?
Arlen Specter: Well my goals will be to do what we can to stabilize Iraq without great loss of America life and limb. That we would enter into very active negotiations with the problems facing the world. Our own controversies with Iran. Trying to work through the problems with Syria which sponsors Hezbollah, as does Iran. They sponsor Hamass. Find a way to get Hamaas to renounce its determination to destroy Israel, its refusal to recognize Israel as ultimately we succeeded in getting the PLO to change its charter. Trying to have a stable Palestinian government to negotiate a two-state resolution with Israel.
Recorded on: 7/4/07
Specter's main concern is stability in Iraq and the Middle East.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.