What is your counsel?
Deepak Chopra MD, FACP, founder of The Chopra Foundation and co-founder of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, is a medical doctor, public speaker, and author of more than 80 books, including numerous New York Times bestsellers. He is regarded as a major advocate for the use of alternative medicine. Dr. Chopra is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
Dr. Chopra’s books have been published in more than forty three languages. His New York Times bestseller Peace Is the Way received the Religion and Spirituality Quill Award in 2005, and The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life was awarded the Grand Prize in the 2005 Nautilus Awards. His latest New York Times bestsellers include What Are You Hungry For: The Chopra Solution to Permanent Weight Loss, Well-Being, and Lightness of the Soul, Super Brain: Unleashing the Explosive Power of Your Mind to Maximize Health, Happiness, and Spiritual Well Being, War of the Worldviews, Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul, and Spiritual Solutions - Answers To Life's Greatest Problems.
Deepak Chopra: Globally, we should be all creating the critical mass of consciousness that says that everybody’s problems are our problems; and that we have the ability to collectively change the world to make peace with ourselves, to make peace with the environment, to make peace with our perceived enemies that we have demonized. They are human beings just like us. And unless we dehumanize another person, it’s impossible to kill them.
I think the greatest challenge right now is how can we do that through our collective caring, and also through the technologies that we have? This is one place where technology can help.
Individually, you should be the change that we want to see in the world. So if we want to create peace in the world, then instead of being an angry peace activist, which is a paradox in itself, then you should be peaceful. Create peace in your life and your relationships. So you have to be the change that you want to see in the world. You have to make a difference in your community. You have to share your passion.
I think if we can do those three things – be the change, make a difference, share our passion – then we will embark on a journey of personal and social transformation, and the connectivity itself will change the world.
You have to share your passion, Chopra says.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.