What is your counsel?
Question: How can we lessen America’s dependence on foreign oil?
Arlen Specter: Well I believe our dependency on OPEC oil is a major problem. We have legislation pending now in the Senate. I introduced, along with Senator Cole, a provision to take away the antitrust exemption, which OPEC, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela and the other OPEC nations have. They sit down in a room, reduce supply and the prices go up. We need to develop alternative sources of energy and we’re doing it now with ethanol, renewables. An energy bill passed the Senate, which is a step in that direction.
Alternative energy sources are important foreign policy tools.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.