What is entrepreneurship?
Muhammad Yunus: Entrepreneurship is about solving problems; about addressing the issues of the world around yourself. It’s not just making money. That’s what I meant by entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship is something that we carry with us as a human being. We came on this planet to solve problems. We solve problems all around us, and we continue to solve that problem and that’s how we survived. We were in adverse circumstances when we came to this planet, but we were not frightened by that adverse circumstances. We took them by grip and, one by one, we tried to solve them and we kept on solving them. As a result we came millions of years on this planet and survived and successful. So that’s entrepreneurship. Any human . . . Any human capability used for solving problems for mankind, for the planet, I’ll consider this entrepreneurship.
Recorded on: 1/23/08
Entrepreneurship is about solving problems.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.