What is America's biggest challenge?
Question: What is America's biggest challenge?
Bill Novelli: Well the . . . the biggest issues of all are, at this point in America, health care reform, which is enormous; and financial security. And they both relate to the same thing, which you might describe as the American dream. And we do a lot of research, and what we see is that the . . . the American dream is essentially breaking down. You know people talk about “the deal”. And the deal always was if you worked hard; if you raised your kids; if you played by the rules; if you paid your taxes, then you’d have a shot at . . . at the American dream. You’d have a shot at long term security. And now that’s beginning to fade and people are very worried. And so those are the kinds of big issues that we care about and that we have to address.
Recorded on: 9/27/07
Health care reform and financial security are America's biggest challenges, Novelli says.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.