What inspires you?
Question: What inspires you?
Reza Aslan: I’d like to sit here and pretend that, you know, I had sort of a flash of light come down upon me and a heavenly voice that said, “You must now go forth and explain me to the world.” But I didn’t. And in a way I sort of feel like this position, you know, as a public explainer of religions, just sort of came to me. And it was a responsibility that I really felt I could not get away from. I mean it does feel like a calling to me in some ways, and so I treat it as a calling; but that said, I couldn’t image doing anything else. I mean I love my life. I love being able to think out loud and being able to affect the way other people think. I think, you know, you could only hope for a better job than that.
July 23, 2007
Reza Aslan is inspired by a calling.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.