Tom Stewart asks George Soros about the connection between the financial markets and the ordinary economy
George Soros is a Hungarian-born American financial speculator, stock investor, philanthropist, and political activist. Famously known for “breaking the Bank of England” on Black Wednesday in 1992, Soros’ estimated current net worth of around $9 billion ranks him the 99th-richest person in the world according to Forbes.
Currently, Soros is chairman of Soros Fund Management and the Open Society Institute, a grantmaking foundation that aims to shape public policy to promote democratic governance and human rights. Soros is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Council on Foreign Relations. Mr. Soros is the author of nine books, including most recently The New Paradigm for Financial Markets - The Crash of 2008 and What it Means.
George Soros has always tried to weld market success to overall economic success.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.