The Web’s Not About Websites
Question: What’s the most exciting idea you’ve heard recently?
Jeff Jarvis: I think what I’ve heard is a lot more disruption going on. And that’s exciting because it means there are new opportunities. It’s frightening too, but I find optimism and excitement in disruption.
Question: What will be the next big technological innovation to hit us?
Jeff Jarvis: I don’t know, but I think that the answer might be that the streamed Web is important. We thought the Web was about content like ours, sites and pages, but I think now we see with Twitter and RSS and email all adding up, it’s this new streamed, live Web. And it’s going to be hard to get used to that next, never-ending web of content.
It’s about live, streamed, Twitter-style content, says the Entertainment Weekly creator.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- He was inspired by a statistic he learned while working at a hedge fund: In the '90s, web usage was growing at 2,300% a year.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.